Microk8s 1.16 - 26 September 2019
MicroK8s is a Kubernetes® cluster delivered as a single snap package - it can be installed on any Linux distribution which supports snaps. MicroK8s is small and simple to install and is a great way to stand up a cluster quickly for development and testing. Try it on your laptop!
snap install microk8s --classic --channel=1.16/stable
Most important updates since the last release:
- Clustering - MicroK8s nodes can be joined to create a multi-node cluster, see these docs if you want to try it.
- New Cilium addon courtesy of @joestringer. Try it with
- New Helm addon courtesy of @joestringer. Try it with
- RBAC rules for CoreDNS and storage add ons, courtesy of @wichert.
- Istio upgraded to v1.2.2 and now includes kiali.
- Knative upgraded to v0.9.0.
- Enabling of aggregation layer and fix on metrics server RBAC rules, thank you @giner.
- microk8s.reset has now an option to free the disk space reserved by storage volumes. Thank you @rzr.
- Ingress updated to v0.25.1, thank you @balchua.
- Improvements in the inspection script, thanks @giorgos-apo.
- Dashboard upgraded to 2.0.0 beta4.
For more information on MicroK8s consult the official docs, and to contribute to the project, check out the repo at https://github.com/ubuntu/microk8s, or chat with us on the Kubernetes Slack, in the #microk8s channel!
Microk8s 1.15 - 21 June 2019
- RBAC support via a simple
microk8s.enable rbac, courtesy of @magne.
- Update of the Dashboard to 1.10.1 and fixes for RBAC. Thank you @balchua.
- Knative addon, try it with
microk8s.enable knative. Thank you @olatheander for your contribution.
- CoreDNS is now the default. Thanks @richardcase for driving this.
- Ingress updated to 0.24.1 by @JorritSalverda, thank you.
- Fix on socat failing on Fedora by @JimPatterson, thanks.
- Modifiable CSR server certificate, courtesy of @balchua.
- Use of iptables kubeproxy mode by default.
- User guide moved out of GitHub to microk8s.io .
- Instructions on how to run Cilium on MicroK8s by @joestringer.
MicroK8s 1.14 - 25 March 2019
- Containerd replaced dockerd. Thanks to @waquidvp for keeping up with the containerd and runc updates.
- The Ingress controller got updated to v0.22.0 (thanks to @khteh) and is now using:
- Istio addon now deploys Istio v1.0.5.
microk8s.resetnow deletes CRDs. Thank you @miguelgarcia.
- Improved security of exposed ports and services.
- Three new addons are available since the last release anouncement:
- Jaeger, available with:
- Fluentd, try it with:
- Prometheus, enable it with:
- Jaeger, available with:
- Installation on Arch Linux now correctly detects the machine architecture.
- kubectl now uses a secure kubeconfig found in a configurable location.
MicroK8s 1.13 - 14 February 2019
- New website! Check it out at https://microk8s.io.
- ARM64 support!
microk8s.stopcommands allow you to easily enable and disable MicroK8s.
microk8s.statusgives you an overview of the current status.
- We now detect host IP changes. You can now use MicroK8s on your laptop without the need to restart it whenever you switch networks.
- MicroK8s is now a CNCF certified Kubernetes. Certification was for v1.12; v1.13 will follow shortly.
- Enable digitalSignature key usage for CA (thanks @lhotari).
- Pod eviction limit due to memory shortage decreased to 100MB.
MicroK8s 1.12 - 13 November 2018
- Stable releases of 1.10, 1.11, 1.12.
- Private registry addon (
- GPU addon (
- Istio v1.0.0 addon (
- Metrics server (
- Inspect command for deployment troubleshooting (
- CNI updated to v0.7.1.
- Bug fix: Ship socat in the snap.
- Bug fix: Metrics for pods are now available in the grafana dashboard addon.
- Bug fix: ZFS utilities are now shipped with the snap.
- Bug fix: microk8s.reset will now remove all resources.
MicroK8s 1.11 - 10 July 2018
- New ingress controller addon -
microk8s.enable ingress- creates an ingress controller.
- New storage addon -
microk8s.enable storage- creates a default storage class using hostpath-provisioner and a directory on the host.
- New command:
microk8s.reset- stops all running pods, deployments, services, and daemons.
- New command:
microk8s.config- outputs the config used by
- Bug fix: Clean up snap removal.
- Bug fix: Add Ubuntu Trusty (14.04) support.